Tuesday 24 March 2015

Spring in my step!

Hello hello :-)

So, I've found myself in the depths of March & it's officially Spring! It is still a bit gloomy and chilly here in the UK but it's occasionally picking up and the sun has been shining. I cannot WAIT for all the lighter evenings and warm weather, sitting in a pub garden with a cider and friends...adorned by a light, summery maxi dress! 

I know that, again, my post uploads are severely lacking, but I think I just get wrapped up in life and get a case of writer's block :-/ As you will find in my previous posts since last summer (Life thus Far: an overview), life has thrown some right curveballs at me, but I think since the start of 2015, I started to see the light and gradually picked myself up; I still get dark days, why wouldn't I, I'm human after all? 
       I mean, my dear friend is still no longer here on Earth, my father still has cancer and a guy whom I trusted with every fibre of my being, still left me….but these are things I cannot change. But I've learnt that when you have the support of family and friends (my mum is a saviour in human form) and can feel their unconditional love, you realise that life is just testing you..yet again haha.  We all suffer from pain and it's not so bad, that's just how the cookie crumbles, right??!

What you may or may not realise is that it is Brain tumour awareness month (Brain Tumour Survival) So close to my heart, yet at times I feel I am not doing enough to raise such awareness. Since my brain tumours in '04, I do suffer from fatigue, balance issues, (occasional) anxiety and (sometimes) severe tension headaches/migraines. This is caused mostly by unwanted stress, that quite often, I stupidly bring on myself. I think that's why last year felt so difficult. I don't think people can easily understand something that is quite complex..Akin to depression, you may look very normal, but deep down, you're a complicated individual who requires lots of emotional support. Hmm.

What does help me at the moment is both exercise and taking the correct medication. Exercise is such a great focus. It's just a pity I'm not always great with consistency and healthy eating HA. But this workout gear helps, check them out at Fabletics….

Camacan Capri; Sintra Bra
Now, in the spirit of my desire for summer to hurry up, here's something amazing to listen to….imagine that mojito please ;-)


6 comments:

  1. I like that Sintra bra! It looks comfy! Really nice blogdrop that you have for your blog. :)
    My blog is myrainydayreads15.blogspot.com if you would like to check it out.
    Alishia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alishia! :) and yes, the bra is SO comfy, I really recommend the brand for its comfort!

      Delete
  2. Ah, thank you so very much. That's lovely to hear you enjoy my blog! :-) I shall be taking a look at yours also Dominica! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lucy,

    I work in a pub and we have a pub garden, I am absolutely jealous when I have to work and there are people enjoying the sunshine; I cant wait until that is me haha :)

    I love that despite the negativity in your life at the moment you are still looking forward and exercising and keeping healthy. I guess those work out clothes does help...they are so cute!! I am only starting back with exercise and only do a little bit when I can but cute work out clothes defo helps :)

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen :) Oh, I bet! I don't think I could handle working where there's a pub garden when it's sunny, so well done you!!
      Thanks so much, it does feel like the last year has been a bit tough…but looking forward and thinking of the positives, like you say, definitely helps (my exercise regime slips in and out- so you're not alone!)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6/12/2015

    Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    Here is my web-site - tee Shirts Online

    ReplyDelete