Thursday 7 February 2013

Theatre Extravaganza!!


















Ahhh, the theatre! So palacial, so beautiful and so very very British- in my eyes anyway! I'd like to think I'm a lover of fine arts..but I don't always like to embrace the costs!! There is something quite magical about the theatre. It's an exciting atmosphere that always manages to give me such a buzz... I experienced the land of theatre at a young age, as my grandmother would take my cousins and I to see a ballet or pantomime. Beatrix Potter, The Nutcracker (about a gazillion times!!), Peter Pan. I love it.

I have a list of musical shows/ballets/operas/plays that I've seen, that I hope grows and grows….


Romeo and Juliet
The Nutcracker
The tales of Beatrix Potter
Carmen
Caberet
Evita
The King and I
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Newly: Charlie and the chocolate Factory
Once
Cats
Swan Lake
Gaslight
Giselle
Jersey Boys
Chicago
Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons by Candlelight



I'll also include other live shows which are equally as amazing. Many comedians..singers, oh and Lord of the Dance, which I have to say was utterly outstanding! My theatre companion of choice has always been my mum. We share the same loves of fine arts and I genuinely love spoiling her to a fancy night out :-)


Looking at this collection now seems far too sparse. I'm looking at tickets at the moment for Les Mis, The woman in black, Sleeping Beauty.


Yep, I am obsessed!!! What about you? Do you have any glorious shows you have seen?? I'd love to know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment